Complimentary 3 CPE Hour Seminar for Accountants
Gordon Asset Management and MVP Plan Administrators invite you to attend GROW Session for Accountants to discuss the new tax law, specifically IRC §199A and the new deduction for owners of pass-through entities. We will also discuss the impact of §199A on qualified retirement plans, and how they can be utilized to help optimize a
taxpayer’s §199A deduction.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017:
Utilizing Retirement Plans to Optimize the New IRC §199A Deduction
The proposed regulations for IRC §199A were released in August! This presentation will take those into account and cover the following learning objectives:
- A deep dive into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017’s newly-imposed 20% deduction for pass-through entities.
- We will define and discuss Qualified Business Income (QBI) for each type of pass-through entity.
- We will highlight retirement plan strategies that aim not only to maintain the current power of pension contributions, but that make them stronger than ever before.
- We will illustrate through examples the phase-out of the §199A deduction for specified service trades or businesses (and non-SSTOBs), and how the plan can be even more valuable for these businesses.
- How to spot planning opportunities
Thursday, Oct 25th, 2018
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Angus Barn Steakhouse
- 9401 Glenwood Ave.
- Raleigh, NC 27617
- Lunch is complimentary
Registration for this event has closed. If you’d like to be added to the waiting list, please email Robbie Petrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three (3) North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners CPE credits
Kevin J. Donovan, CPA, EA, FSPA, FCA is a leading actuary, published author and frequent speaker in the pension field.
Prerequisites: None. Level: Introduction Subject Area: Taxation
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Robbie Petrillo via email or by phone at (520) 618-1960.