Pinnacle Plan Design is growing!
We are seeking a Level I Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Consultant to join our team!
This is the first in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Level II – Retirement Plan Consultant by preparing annual reports for review, interpreting and reviewing simple plan documents, preparing initial contribution allocations, and obtaining data for the preparation of annual reports. This position also assists the Level II and Level III Retirement Plan Consultants and the Actuaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial preparation of annual reporting required on qualified defined contribution and/or defined benefit plans including:
- A review and interpretation of the plan document specifications and application to the employee/participant;
- Initial input or import of census information into pension software and initial determination of eligibility and vesting;
- Prepare initial contribution allocation;
- Perform non-discrimination testing;
- Navigate excel testing and plan summary file for comparison to pension software file output;
- As needed, prepare IRS Forms such as 5330, 5500 series,5558, 5310;
- As needed, prepare PBGC Forms;
- Calculate, prepare and/or review Plan distributions including necessary disclosure and election paperwork for terminated or retired participants after performing research on relevant plan provisions;
- Calculate, prepare and/or review required minimum distributions;
- Initial reconciliation or review of plan assets and allocation of gain/loss;
- Follow-up on missing asset information, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare and/or review various participant disclosures for review and disbursement
- Communicate (when directed) with client, accountant, attorney and investment advisor on consulting issues.
- Assist other Plan Consultants and Actuaries in obtaining and analyzing the necessary data for preparation of the annual reports and related plan requirements.
- Track data received and not received and follow up with related parties to receive data. Utilize and maintain database fields tracking plan provisions, contact info, receipt of client data and due dates
*Must be willing to work towards appropriate designation such as an Enrolled Actuary (EA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA), etc.
Thank you for your interest but we are not accepting applications for this opening at this time.