This position provides daily administrative support to one or more Retirement Plan Consultants and Actuaries. Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist Plan Consultants and Actuaries in obtaining and analyzing the necessary data for preparation of the annual reports, required governmental filings, and employee disclosures.
- Track data received and not received and follow up with related parties to receive the required data. Utilize and maintain database fields tracking plan provisions, contact info, receipt of client data, and due dates.
- Review year-end data and employee census information from plan sponsors for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare client engagement letters, participant notices, statements, and fee disclosure documents.
- Under the direction of plan consultants, assist plan sponsors and financial professionals with plan funding and disbursement inquiries.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of major investment platforms, their features, and capabilities, including plan sponsor, participant, and plan consultant services.
- Understand Pinnacle’s key processes, procedures, and services to effectively relay them to clients in the course of annual compliance cycles and project work.
- Establish strong working relationships with vendors, referral relationships, and clients to ensure open and accurate communication.
- Within 3 months, obtain Retirement Plan Fundamentals (RPF) Certification from the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Actively participate in Pinnacle University to develop retirement plan technical knowledge, retirement plan consulting, and client service skills.
- Within three years, obtain a Qualified 401(k) Administrator designation from ASPPA.
As the associate progresses through training, under the supervision and guidance of a retirement plan consultant and/or actuary, assist in the completion of core administration and compliance functions, including, but not limited to:
- Reading, understanding, and applying plan document specifications
- Eligibility and vesting computation
- Contribution calculation and compliance testing
- Trust account reconciliation
- Compilation of annual compliance and valuation reports
- Form 5500-series preparation and filing
- Required and optional plan document updates
The ideal candidate is resourceful and self-directed, with the ability to work cohesively as a team; possesses the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under limited supervision.
Strong communication skills and attention to detail, organization, flexibility, and adaptability are essential to handle the multiple responsibilities of this role.
This individual must be highly organized with an enthusiastic, customer service-oriented attitude and be motivated to learn both the technical side and the client relationship management of the business.
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or other technical field of study or equivalent knowledge and experience. No industry experience is required.
Familiarity with basic office procedures including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
Demonstrated knowledge of effective communication, including style and format correspondence.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat applications
Thank you for your interest but we are not accepting applications for this opening at this time.