Sheri Alsguth focuses on the design, implementation and ongoing administration of defined benefit plans. Sheri, along with fellow actuaries Kevin Donovan and Lynn Young, authored the 2016 and 2017 Editions of the Defined Benefit Answer Book, published by Wolters Kluwer. As an enrolled actuary, Sheri specializes in actuarial consulting and third-party administration of defined benefit retirement plans. Her 27+ years of retirement plan experience make her a valuable asset to the Pinnacle team.
- Author of the 2016 and 2017 Editions of the Defined Benefit Answer Book, published by Wolters Kluwer
Areas of Specialty
- Cash Balance Defined Benefit Plans
- Traditional Defined Benefit Plans
- Combination Plans
- Enrolled Actuary (EA)
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC)
- Member, Society of Pension Actuaries (MSPA)
- Qualified Pension Financial Consultant (QPFC)
- University of Texas-Austin, BBA in Actuarial Sciences
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- ASPPA College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA)
- National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA)
- Board of Directors – Lutherhill Ministries
Get to Know Sheri
Sheri is a native Texan and proud Mom of two brilliant children. She loves BIG sporting events, having gone to a World Cup Match, the Atlanta Olympics and the 7th Game of an NBA Championship! While reading is her first hobby, she also has a rusty Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and is a Certified Diver. She and Carsten love to travel, both for pleasure and mission work. Sheri is not your usual actuary, she loves to laugh and have fun!
Industry Thought Leadership
Contact Sheri Alsguth
Pinnacle Plan Design is a third-party administrator (TPA) for employer-sponsored qualified retirement plans. We specialize in retirement plan design, administration and actuarial consulting. Pinnacle has a local presence in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona (AZ), as well as Houston, Texas (TX) and Columbus, Ohio (OH), and we proudly serve businesses nationwide.