Lynn M. Young is a partner of the firm and is an enrolled actuary with over 38 years experience in the consulting and administration of qualified defined benefit, cash balance, and defined contribution plans. As an enrolled actuary, Lynn specializes in actuarial consulting and third-party administration of defined benefit retirement plans. Lynn is the Past-President of the American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (ASEA, formerly ACOPA). Lynn, along with her fellow actuaries at Pinnacle, authored the 2016-present Editions of the Defined Benefit Answer Book, published by Wolters Kluwer.
- Author of the 2016-present Editions of the Defined Benefit Answer Book, published by Wolters Kluwer
- Plan Consultant Magazine
- Business Practice or Ethical Decision?
Areas of Specialty
- Cash Balance Defined Benefit Plans
- Traditional Defined Benefit Plans
- Combination Plans
- Enrolled Actuary (EA)
- Fellow, Society of Enrolled Actuaries (FSEA)
- DePaul University, B.S. in Mathematics
Professional Associations and Activities
- Past-President – American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (ASEA, formerly ACOPA)
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Board of Directors – American Retirement Association
- American Retirement Association Council for Women
Get to Know Lynn
Originally from Chicago. An avid sports fan, especially College Basketball ( DePaul Blue Demons), life-long Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs fan (Back in 2014, she published her prediction on this very web page that she would see the Cubs win the World Series in her lifetime…great call, Lynn!). Coached Little League Softball Illinois State Champions 13-15 year old division. Hobbies: reading, golfing with her husband, Ken.
Industry Thought Leadership
Contact Lynn Young
Pinnacle Plan Design is a third-party administrator (TPA) for employer-sponsored qualified retirement plans. We specialize in retirement plan design, administration and actuarial consulting for 401(k)/profit-sharing plans, defined benefit plans, cash balance plans, and 403(b) plans. Pinnacle Plan Design proudly serves businesses nationwide.